24-Hour Emergency Assistance
24-hour emergency assistance: On-call counseling and problem solving and/or immediate response for assistance at a person's home due to a health/personal emergency.
Primary caregiver: Person principally responsible for the care and supervision of the person. He/she must maintain his/her primary residence at the same address as the person and be named as an owner or lessee of the primary residence.
A person is eligible to receive 24-hour emergency assistance if he or she meets one of the following sets of criteria:
1. The person:
• Lives in his/her own home
• Does not receive 24-hour supervision
• Would otherwise require extensive, routine supervision.
2. The person lives with a primary caregiver who would otherwise require extensive support in the absence of this service to secure help in the event of an emergency.
This service covers the following non-equipment services:
• Immediate response for assistance at a person’s home
• On-call counseling and problem solving.
This service covers the following equipment services:
• Personal emergency response system (PERS) installation and testing
• PERS device and monitoring.