Independent Living Skills (ILS)
ILS training is direct training from a staff person to address the identified skill development needs of a person in the areas of:
• Communication skills
• Community living and mobility
• Interpersonal skills
• Reduction/elimination of maladaptive behavior
• Sensory/motor development involved in acquiring functional skills.
Assistance and supervision may occur during the delivery of ILS training services. However, training must be the primary service provided.
ILS training does not cover the following:
• ILS training provided in licensed settings that are not the person’s home
• Overnight supervision
• Services that duplicate other Minnesota state plan or waiver services.